If you happen to find yourself hanging around in Gandia and feel like one big night out in Ibiza, it’s very possible to do. Here’s how:
- Grab a bus in Gandia and head to Denia
- Spend some time wandering around the old streets of Denia. It’s such a pretty little town. You’ll also find some good tapas, coffee and cocktails.
- You’ll need to grab the ferry at the port. You will have needed to pre-purchase your ferry tickets and if you have some decent Spanish, phone ahead to book and find out their special deals. We booked tickets leaving at 5pm and returning at 7am the next morning at half the price because of a special overnight deal, so it’s worth looking into.
- The best news is that there is a pool on the top deck of the ferry and a bar with normal drinks prices not yet hiked up to Ibiza drinks prices. Winning. Also, sunset.
- When you dock in Ibiza, head to the town (you can walk there – it’s about half an hour and you can stop along the way for a drink). You can buy your tickets for the clubs pretty much anywhere around the and grab a cab to the club (the party only starts at around 1am in any case so you can take your time).
- Then do what you will and make sure you don’t miss the morning ferry and then do the whole trip backwards again and sleep through it all. Easy peasy!
This was Amnesia.
You’re not too old for one night in Ibiza, my friends. Just find a good way to justify it. Mine was all ‘when in Spain’….
*Warning… Ibiza is EXPENSIVE. €10 for a bottle of water (as opposed to around €1 anywhere else). So you really want to get in and out as quickly as possible!