This one’s for the Joburg folk.
I may not be living there anymore, but I’m still there quite often for work (let’s face it, somebody’s got to work on our GDP. Kidding. Capetonians, don’t kill me, I’m one of you now) and often in need of a cab. SnappCab is a free smartphone app for iOS, Android and Blackberry 10 devices to cab around the city.
Here’s how it works:
- You download the app from your App/Play store
- When you need a cab, order it through your app
- You’ll be assigned a cab company and driver from SnappCab’s taxi network that’s closest to you at the time
- You take your ride, pay via cash or credit card and get ‘Snapp Miles’ for your trip, which add up to free rides
- Rides are charged at R12,50 per km.
They’re also quite nice people and want to give you R135 free credit for your next trip! Just comment on this post and follow them on Twitter/Like their Facebook page (tell me in the comment if you’ve liked on Facebook, followed on Twitter, or both). Credit will be allocated at random and is valid until 31 July 2014. Giveaway closes on Friday 27 June 2014 at 12pm (so that you can be surprised with credit just in time for the weekend!).
To make it easier, you can use the nifty tool below to enter.